Students during summer school holidays in the field of applied disability research (m/f) - Ref: 21-17
Campus Belval , 11, Porte des Sciences, L - 4366 Esch-Sur-Alzette , Luxembourg
LISER (Luxembourg Institute of Socio-Economic Research)
students during summer school holidays in the field of applied disability research (m/f)
• Ref: 21-17
• Starting date: August 2021
• University registration mandatory
• Student work contract during summer school holidays (up to 40h/week)
• Duration: 2 months maximum
LISER is looking for highly motivated students to join the Health and Health System team this summer for an important, policy-relevant project as part of research informing the reform of the disability assistance scheme in Luxembourg, in an effort to align the system with the requirements of the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (UNCRPD).
This particular task will provide you with the opportunity to:
- develop or improve your methodological competences in the field of applied social sciences;
- work with different categories of persons with Disabilities (PwDs);
- familiarise yourself with qualitative and quantitative analysis of relevant data;
- actively participate in a stimulating research environment and an innovative team.
- Prepare and conduct interviews with PwDs (training about the project and the interview methods will be provided);
- Collect and organise the different sources of data;
- Contribute to the data analysis;
- Participate in the other ongoing activities within the team.
- Student in Social Sciences, Psychology or a related discipline;
- Excellent communications and interviewing skills (persuasiveness, patience, ability to listen);
- Fluency (oral and written) in Luxembourgish, German, French. Any other language is considered as an asset;
- Interview experience in the social science field and experience in the field of (intellectual) disability are considered an asset.
The Luxembourg Institute of Socio-Economic Research (LISER) is a publicly funded research institute located in Belval (Luxembourg) and devoted to applied empirical research in economic, social and spatial sciences. The Institute attracts researchers from all over the world and high-level doctoral training is part of the Institute’s activities. LISER currently hosts about 180 employees (including a survey and data centre), about 90 staff being researchers, active in the field of economics, sociology, and geography.
How to apply
Please submit your complete application via https://jobs.liser.lu/jobs :
1. Curriculum Vitae
2. Short cover letter outlining:
your particular interest in the project;
your availability during the months of August and September 2021;
your experience with PwD.
3. Certificate of valid university registration
Please note that this position will remain open until filled.
For project-related information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For administrative matters, please contact email@example.com
LISER is an Equal Opportunity Employer