Student Research Assistant (15h/week) for the Living Conditions department (f/m) - Ref: 23-19
Campus Belval , 11, Porte des Sciences, L - 4366 Esch-Sur-Alzette , Luxembourg
The Luxembourg Institute of Socio-Economic Research
is recruiting a
Student Research Assistant (15h/week) for the Living Conditions department (f/m)
• Ref: 23-19
• Student fixed-term working contract for maximum 4 months
• Part-time position up to maximum 15 hours per week
• Enrolment as a Master student at the University of Luxembourg is mandatory
• Expected start date: July 1st, 2023
LISER invites motivated applicants for the position of Student Research Assistant in the framework of specific research project which seeks to study the drivers of public support for inheritance taxation and preferences for redistribution.
As a Student Research Assistant, your tasks will include :
- Academic literature review;
- Preparing a report of a fieldwork experiment about inheritance taxation;
- Descriptive and regression analysis of the survey data collected;
- Other task in relation with the project.
- You are currently enrolled as a Master student in economics, social sciences, political science or a related field;
- Excellent writing and analytical skills;
- Excellent writing and communication skills in English;
- Interest in studying tax and redistributive policies, inequality of opportunity; inter-generational transfers, preferences for redistribution, and public opinion;
- Ideally, experience in handling survey data, particularly the Survey of Health, Ageing, and Retirement in Europe (SHARE).
LISER particularly encourages female candidates to apply
- A dynamic and international research environment with good working conditions and stimulating work environment.
Please submit your complete application in English via our online system : https://jobs.liser.lu/jobs including the following documents :
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Short cover letter outlining your interest for the position;
- Valid certificate of enrolment at the University of Luxembourg.
Please note that the position will remain open until filled.
For administrative questions, please send an email to: email@example.com
LISER is a publicly funded research institute located in Luxembourg and dedicated to applied empirical research in economic, social and geographical sciences. Multi- and interdisciplinarity is a key element for stimulating scientific innovation. The Institute attracts leading researchers from all over the world, and high-level doctoral training is a vibrant part of the Institute's activities. The Institute's staff currently comprises about 180 employees (including a survey and data center), more than 50% of the staff being researchers, mainly from the fields of economics, sociology, and geography.
The Institute is located on the new Belval campus in the south of Luxembourg, which hosts the University of Luxembourg and a substantial part of the country's publicly funded research facilities, i.e. LISER, the Luxembourg Income Study (LIS) cross-national data center, the Luxembourg Institute of Health (LIH) and the Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology (LIST).
Luxembourg with its > 600,000 inhabitants is one of the wealthiest countries in the world and provides a stimulating mixture of modern culture and tradition. Contemporary urbanity of its capital lies in close vicinity to a rich nature. In addition to excellent health, education (public, private and high level international schools) and recreational services, the community affords a rich variety of cultural activities, including museums, music, art and theatre. The official languages are French, German and Luxembourgish.
Information for foreign researchers interested in working in Luxembourg is accessible via the national EURAXESS platform.
LISER is an Equal Opportunity Employer