Research Assistant (m/f) - Student contract (up to 15h/week) or full-time internship (40h/week) - Ref: 20-10
Campus Belval , 11, Porte des Sciences, L - 4366 Esch-Sur-Alzette , Luxembourg
LISER (Luxembourg Institute of Socio-Economic Research)
is recruiting a
Research Assistant (m/f)
Student contract (up to 15h/week) or full-time internship (40h/week)
• Ref: 20-10
• Starting date: as of August 2020 (or later)
• University registration mandatory, to be certified
• Student contract (up to 15h/week) or full-time internship (40h/week)
• Duration – minimum 2 months
LISER is looking for a highly motivated candidate to join the Urban Development and Mobility (UDM) department.
You will be part of a team led by Dr Sofie Waltl performing quantitative research on housing markets and the behavior of home-owners. In particular, we aim to understand better preferences and behavior of home owners by performing experiments and assessing survey data.
The focus of the advertised position will be the assessment of survey data describing Luxembourg’s population.
• Analyse survey data on house prices and rents using R;
• Perform descriptive statistical analyses and imputations;
• Prepare well readable and documented R scripts useable by collaborators;
• Present the results of your analyses.
• You follow an advanced degree (e.g. Master) in economics, econometrics, statistics or mathematics;
• You are data oriented;
• You have sound experience using R;
• You are fluent in English, any other language is considered as an asset;
• You are organized, rigorous and able to work independently;
• You are able to effectively communicate complex content;
• You are curious about careers in research (economics, statistics) or quantitative data analysis.
The Luxembourg Institute of Socio-Economic Research (LISER) is a publicly funded research institute located in Belval (Luxembourg) and devoted to applied empirical research in economic, social and spatial sciences. The institute attracts researchers from all over the world and high-level doctoral training is part of the institute’s activities. The institute‘s staff consists of about 180 employees (including a survey and data center), about 90 staff being researchers, active in the field of economics, sociology, and geography (see www.liser.lu).
How to apply
Please submit your complete application via https://jobs.liser.lu/jobs before June 15th, 2020.
2. Short cover letter including :
• your availability in the upcoming months
• your experience with coding (particularly R)
• your preferences regarding timing (part-time vs full-time, earliest start date, etc.)
3. Copy of diplomas
4. Certificate of valid university registration
Deadline for applications: June 15th, 2020
For research-related questions, please contact email@example.com (no applications)
For administrative matters, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
LISER is an Equal Opportunity Employer