Research Analyst (m/f) - Ref: 21-10
Campus Belval , 11, Porte des Sciences, L - 4366 Esch-Sur-Alzette , Luxembourg
The Luxembourg Institute of Socio-Economic Research (LISER)
is recruiting a
Research Analyst (f/m)
• Ref: 21-10
• Part-time, 32 hours/week (80%)
• 2 years fixed-term contract
• Work contract at LISER, department of Living Conditions
• Start date: as soon as possible
LISER invites highly qualified and experienced applicants for the position of Research Analyst with advanced skills in data management, data analysis, research methodology or related discipline. The selected candidate will be directly involved in the Horizon 2020 project “Pioneering policies and practices tackling educational inequalities in Europe” (PIONEERED) and will closely work with researchers at LISER, and will as well support the international partners of the project in executing assigned tasks. The position also implies a close collaboration with the University of Luxembourg and the project coordinating team.
As a Research Analyst, you will be a member of Living Conditions (LC) department and your tasks will include:
• critically review existing data harmonisation guidelines;
• assist with the tasks related to data access requests, data protection forms and etc.;
• assist with specific data management and harmonisation-related requests from the project partners;
• generate the data re-coding syntax in the statistical languages;
• co-write the report on data management and harmonisation;
• participate and present ongoing work in internal and external project meetings.
• Completed MA or PhD in progress in either Sociology, Economics, Social Policy, Political Science, Statistics, Research Methodology, Data Science or any other related discipline;
• Advanced data management and data analysis skills;
• Programming proficiency in statistical software such as Stata and R;
• Written and oral fluency in English;
• Previous experience and knowledge of the processes in international/national research projects;
• Knowledge and experience with European data archives and understanding of the data protection issues are an asset;
• Skills in data visualisation and experience in science outreach are also considered an asset;
• Ability to work both autonomously and in (international) team;
• Adherence to deadlines and output delivery.
• A dynamic, international, growing and well-equipped research environment with good working conditions and stimulating work environment;
• Internationally competitive remuneration.
LISER is a publicly funded research institute located in Luxembourg and dedicated to applied empirical research in economic, social and spatial sciences. Multi- and interdisciplinarity is a key element for stimulating scientific innovation. The Institute attracts top researchers from all over the world and high-level student training is a vibrant part of the Institute’s activities. The Institute‘s staff consists of about 180 employees (including a survey and data centre), more than 50% of the staff being researchers, mainly from the fields of economics, sociology, and geography (see www.liser.lu).
Luxembourg with its > 600,000 inhabitants is one of the wealthiest countries in the world and provides a stimulating mixture of modern culture and tradition. Contemporary urbanity of its capital lies in close vicinity to a rich nature. In addition to excellent health, education (public, private and high level international schools) and recreational services, the community affords a rich variety of cultural activities typical of a major university environment, including museums, music, art and theatre. The official languages are French, German and Luxemburgish. Information for foreign researchers interested in Luxembourg research is accessible via the national EURAXESS platform.
Please submit your complete application (in English) via https://jobs.liser.lu/jobs :
• a full CV;
• a cover letter outlining your expertise in social science data and related work/project experience;
• copies of relevant degree diploma(s);
• one to two letters of reference either from your former employer(s) or university professor(s) (to be uploaded with the application documents or sent separately to email@example.com).
Please note that this position will remain open until filled.
For project related information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org (no applications)
For administrative matters, please contact email@example.com
LISER is an Equal Opportunity Employer