Part-time Research Assistant (m/f) Student contract – 10h/week - Ref: 19-20
Campus Belval , 11, Porte des Sciences, L - 4366 Esch-Sur-Alzette , Luxembourg
LISER (Luxembourg Institute of Socio-Economic Research)
is recruiting a
Part-time Research Assistant (m/f)
Student contract – 10h/week
• Ref 19-20
• Starting date: as soon as possible
• Registration at University of Luxembourg is mandatory
• Fixed-term contract : 10h per week
• Duration – 2 months (extension possible)
LISER is looking for a highly motivated candidate to join the Living Conditions department and the interdisciplinary research program on Health and Health Systems.
You will be part of a team working on international comparisons in health behavior. The aim is to examine the pathways running from breastfeeding and other health-related behaviors to general health indicators as well as cognitive outcomes of children and mothers in developing and emerging countries.
• download, compile and merge different publicly available databases using Stata;
• perform descriptive statistical analyses;
• prepare a report of the results.
• You follow a Master in economics, econometrics, statistics, geography, sociology or business administration;
• You are data oriented;
• You have experience with Stata;
• You are fluent in English, any other language is considered as an asset;
• You are organised, rigorous and able to work independently;
• You are curious about careers in research (economics, sociology, public health) or quantitative data analysis.
The Luxembourg Institute of Socio-Economic Research (LISER) is a publicly funded research institute located in Belval (Luxembourg) and devoted to applied empirical research in economic, social and spatial sciences. The institute attracts researchers from all over the world and high-level doctoral training is part of the institute’s activities. The institute‘s staff consists of about 170 employees (including a survey and data center), about 90 staff being researchers, mainly from the fields of economics, sociology, and geography (see www.liser.lu).
How to apply
Please submit your complete application via https://jobs.liser.lu/jobs before January 26th, 2020.
2. Short Cover Letter
3. Copy of diplomas
4. School certificate
Deadline for applications: January 26th, 2020.
For administrative matters, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
LISER - Campus Belval - 11, porte des Sciences L-4366 Esch-sur-Alzette – Luxembourg
LISER is an Equal Opportunity Employer