2 Project Management Support Officers (f/m) - Ref: 21-32
Campus Belval , 11, Porte des Sciences, L - 4366 Esch-Sur-Alzette , Luxembourg
The Luxembourg Institute of Socio-Economic Research (LISER)
2 Project Management Support Officers (f/m)
• Ref: 21-32
• Full time, 40 hours/week
• Fixed-term contract for 2 years
• Position based in Belval (Luxembourg)
• Start date: as soon as possible
LISER invites qualified and motivated applicants for the position of Project Management Support Officer with strong analytical and project management skills.
Project-Driven Organisation for LISER
LISER has engaged a reform towards a Project-Driven Organisation, where the Project Management Officer plays a central/pivot role aiming at supporting & enhancing a quality and efficient project management approach. The selected candidate will provide a key supporting role in the overall co-ordination, implementation and follow-up activities for all LISER ongoing and future research projects, together with the other team members.
The role will require the successful applicant to take responsibility for applying the necessary knowledge, skills, tools and techniques to project management of research activities to ultimately meet project objectives, requirements and deadlines – applying LISER’s guiding principles of project management (as defined in LISER’s PI Guide).
The Project Management Support Officer will be responsible for :
- Providing day-to-day high-level support to the PI, assisting in the implementation of robust project management processes and protocols, in line with best practice & LISER PI Guide, as well as deputising for the PI as appropriate (management of contracts, contractual billing, etc) ;
- Routinely monitoring project activities, reviewing risks, issues and progress, taking actions as necessary to ensure minimum impact on project resource allocation, deliverables and deadlines ;
- Maintaining up-to-date records that enable effective monitoring, control and evaluation of project stages and activities ;
- Where opportunities arise, work with the relevant Institute’s teams to cost up research proposals and bids ;
- Communicating project information and status to all relevant parties, providing early warning and escalation of key issues to the PI and associated management units ;
- Contributing to the Project Management Office activities/engagement projects with national and international stakeholders to ensure the projects are developed to align with objectives and requirements of funding agencies/partners ;
- Supporting effective communication and liaison processes with project stakeholders including internal staff, Management and other external project stakeholders ;
- Assisting in the preparation of project reporting mechanisms and ensure they are communicated with internal and external stakeholders as required ;
- Participating in the preparation of aggregated dashboard data of research project portfolios for the executive management and the Board of Directors ;
- Carrying out other duties as deemed reasonable and appropriate to the role.
- You have a bachelor degree in a relevant scientific or engineering discipline, or equivalent level of professional qualifications and/or experience ;
- You have exceptional project management and organisational skills combined with a strong attention to detail ;
- You have knowledge/experience in managing multi-disciplinary projects involving external and internal partners (experience in research environment is considered as an asset) ;
- You have solid analytical skills demonstrated by a structured and methodical approach;
- You have excellent communication skills: effective and clear with a wide range of people and audiences at all levels ;
- You are diplomatic, able to negotiate ;
- You are a team-player with strong ability to set priorities and meet critical deadlines while keeping calmness under pressure ;
- You have strong skills in MS Office (in particular Excel) (experience in the use of project management, information systems or ERPs tools and softwares would be an advantage) ;
- You have solid communication skills in English and French; knowledge of Luxembourgish or German would be considered as asset ;
- You have the willingness to undertake further training where appropriate.
A full-time position (40 hours/week) for a period of 2 years in a dynamic and challenging international research environment with a salary in line with your experience and competences.
LISER is a publicly funded research institute located in Luxembourg and dedicated to applied empirical research in economic, social and spatial sciences. Interdisciplinarity is a key element for stimulating scientific innovation. The Institute attracts top researchers from all over the world and high-level student training is a vibrant part of the Institute’s activities. The Institute‘s staff consists of about 180 employees, more than 50% of the staff being researchers, mainly from the fields of economics, sociology, and geography (see www.liser.lu).
The Institute is located on the new Belval campus in the south of Luxembourg, which hosts the University of Luxembourg and a substantial part of the country’s publicly funded research facilities, i.e. LISER, the Luxembourg Income Study (LIS) cross-national data center, the Luxembourg institutes of Health (LIH) and of Science and Technology (LIST).
Luxembourg with its > 600,000 inhabitants is one of the wealthiest countries in the world and provides a stimulating mixture of modern culture and tradition. Contemporary urbanity of its capital lies in close vicinity to a rich nature. In addition to excellent health, education (public, private and high level international schools) and recreational services, the community affords a rich variety of cultural activities typical of a major university environment, including museums, music, art and theatre. The official languages are French, German and Luxemburgish. Information for foreign researchers interested in Luxembourg research is accessible via the national EURAXESS platform.
Please submit your complete application via https://jobs.liser.lu/jobs :
- a CV ;
- a letter of application outlining your motivation and profile (maximum 1 page) ;
- copies of relevant degree diploma(s) ;
- one letter of recommendation (to be uploaded together with the application documents or sent separately to firstname.lastname@example.org).
Deadline for applications: January 28th, 2022 at midnight CET.
For any information about this position, please contact: email@example.com
LISER is an Equal Opportunity Employer