Summer student to work in the field of deep reinforcement learning research (m/f) - Ref: 23-20
Campus Belval , 11, Porte des Sciences, L - 4366 Esch-Sur-Alzette , Luxembourg
LISER (Luxembourg Institute of Socio-Economic Research)
a summer student to work in the field of deep reinforcement learning research (m/f)
• Ref: 23-20
• Full-time summer student contract (40h/week)
• Duration: 2 months maximum
• Starting date: July 1st 2023
• Location: Belval
LISER is looking for a motivated student to join the research teams at the Department of Urban Development and Mobility (UDM) at LISER and the MobiLab at the University of Luxembourg within the framework of the research project « Multimodal Electric VEhicle demand RESponsive Transport (M-EVRST) ».
For more information, please click here : https://liser.elsevierpure.com/en/projects/multimodal-electric-vehicle-demand-responsive-transport.
This mission will give you the opportunity to:
- Learn how to design efficient algorithms, to maximize operator revenue for electric fleet charging management under limited charging station availability and volatile energy prices ;
- Gain practical experience of deep reinforcement learning in computer science and transportation research areas ;
- Actively participate in a stimulating international research environment and innovative project teams.
- Actively participate in implementing deep reinforcement learning approach for dynamic charging scheduling management of ride-hailing system. (The used programming language would be Python).
- Bachelor/Master student in Mathematics, Computer Sciences, Engineering or a related discipline ;
- Experience and proved skills in deep reinforcement learning using Python ;
- Fluency (oral and written) in English.
LISER is a publicly funded research institute located in Luxembourg and dedicated to applied empirical research in economic, social and spatial sciences. Interdisciplinarity is a key element for stimulating scientific innovation. The Institute attracts top researchers from all over the world and high-level student training is a vibrant part of the Institute’s activities. The Institute‘s staff consists of about 180 employees, more than 50% of the staff being researchers, mainly from the fields of economics, sociology, and geography (see www.liser.lu).
The Institute is located on the new Belval campus in the south of Luxembourg, which hosts the University of Luxembourg and a substantial part of the country’s publicly funded research facilities, i.e. LISER, the Luxembourg Income Study (LIS) cross-national data center, the Luxembourg institutes of Health (LIH) and of Science and Technology (LIST).
Luxembourg with its > 600,000 inhabitants is one of the wealthiest countries in the world and provides a stimulating mixture of modern culture and tradition. Contemporary urbanity of its capital lies in close vicinity to a rich nature. In addition to excellent health, education (public, private and high level international schools) and recreational services, the community affords a rich variety of cultural activities typical of a major university environment, including museums, music, art and theatre. The official languages are French, German and Luxemburgish. Information for foreign researchers interested in Luxembourg research is accessible via the national EURAXESS platform.
Please submit your complete application via https://jobs.liser.lu/jobs and include the following documents :
1. Curriculum Vitae ;
2. Short cover letter outlining:
- your particular interest in this position ;
- your knowledge/skills related to this topic ;
- your availability for July/August/September 2023.
3. Certificate of valid university registration.
Please note that this position will remain open until filled.
For project-related information, please contact Dr. Tai-Yu MA at email@example.com
For administrative matters, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
LISER is an Equal Opportunity Employer