Research Associate in Economics (postdoc, f/m) - Ref: 21-08
Campus Belval , 11, Porte des Sciences, L - 4366 Esch-Sur-Alzette , Luxembourg
The Luxembourg Institute of Socio-Economic Research
Research Associate in Economics (postdoc, f/m)
• Ref: 21-08
• Full time, 40 hours/week
• 3 years fixed-term contract
• Work contract at LISER, Living Conditions department
• Expected start date: September 2021 (or soon thereafter)
LISER invites highly qualified and motivated applicants for the position of Research Associate (postdoc) within its Living Conditions Department. The successful candidate is expected to develop a research agenda in the areas of:
- Inequality and poverty;
- family economics;
- environmental economics and intergenerational equity.
We are primarily seeking candidates interested in original empirical applications.
The Research Associate will be asked to:
- produce excellent research output related to the above mentioned topics;
- contribute to the submission of grant proposals (external funding);
- participate in public outreach activities like policy briefs, round-tables discussions, social media communication, and take part in the day-to-day department-related activities (workshops, lecture series, etc.).
- Ph.D. in economics or applied econometrics;
- Excellent quantitative skills and hands-on experience working with data;
- Excellent writing skills, for both scientific and more policy-oriented articles are required;
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills;
- Fluency in English (both spoken and written); fluency in either French or German is considered as an asset.
LISER particularly encourages female researchers to apply.
- A dynamic and international research environment with good working conditions and stimulating work environment;
- Resources for the participation in international meetings and conferences;
- Internationally competitive remuneration.
Please submit your complete application (in English) via our online system: https://jobs.liser.lu/jobs before May 23rd, 2021:
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Cover letter outlining your interests in line with the department’s themes/topics (2 pages max);
- Copy of diplomas;
- Two authored articles or working papers;
- Two letters of reference (to be uploaded with the application documents or sent separately to firstname.lastname@example.org).
Closing date for applications: May 23rd, 2021
For administrative matters, please contact email@example.com
LISER is a publicly funded research institute located in Luxembourg and dedicated to applied empirical research in economic, social and spatial sciences. Multi- and interdisciplinarity is a key element for stimulating scientific innovation. The Institute attracts top researchers from all over the world and high-level doctoral training is a vibrant part of the Institute’s activities. The Institute‘s staff consists of about 180 employees (including a survey and data center), more than 50% of the staff being researchers, mainly from the fields of economics, sociology, and geography.
Luxembourg with its > 600,000 inhabitants is one of the wealthiest countries in the world and provides a stimulating mixture of modern culture and tradition. Contemporary urbanity of its capital lies in close vicinity to a rich nature. In addition to excellent health, education (public, private and high level international schools) and recreational services, the community affords a rich variety of cultural activities, including museums, music, art and theatre. The official languages are French, German and Luxemburgish.
LISER is an Equal Opportunity Employer