Project Budget Support Officer (f/m) - Ref: 21-15
Campus Belval , 11, Porte des Sciences, L - 4366 Esch-Sur-Alzette , Luxembourg
The Luxembourg Institute of Socio-Economic Research (LISER)
Project Budget Support Officer (f/m)
• Ref: 21-15
• Full time, 40 hours/week
• Fixed-term contract for 10 months
• Work contract at LISER, service « Project Management Office (PMO) »
• Start date: as soon as possible
LISER invites highly qualified and motivated applicants for the position of Project Budget Support Officer with strong finance & budget management skills.
Project-Driven Organisation for LISER
LISER has engaged a reform towards a Project-Driven Organisation, where the Project Management Office plays a central/pivot role aiming at supporting & enhancing a quality and efficient project management approach. The selected candidate will be directly involved in budget management for all LISER ongoing and future research projects, together with the other members of the service.
As a Project Budget Support Officer, you will be a member of the Project Management Office, conducting your daily work to support all LISER research projects budget management.
Your tasks will include budget forecast & follow-up for projects, all over the projects’ lifecycle (preparation of the budget for the initial proposition, elaboration of initial project budget for execution, regular follow-up and reforecast during project, invoicing):
- Budget forecast/planning :
o Support researchers in project submissions by preparing project budgets;
o Enforce the eligibility and fee requirements of funders;
- Project budget execution :
o Ensure the management, monitoring and coordination of budgetary elements in the various internal information systems (PBM, PURE...);
o Prepare and carry out regular budget monitoring reports of the projects (consumed and remaining to be used);
o Carry out budget availability and eligibility checks for commitments (purchases, recruitments, mission requests, etc..) on projects.
- Project closing & invoicing :
o Draw up invoices (billing basis), using resource consumption information from internal information systems (accounting, worksheets).
- Prepare and analyse LISER aggregate Dashboard data concerning Research project portfolios for the executive management and the Board of Directors.
- You hold a Master’s degree in management or finance (or equivalent experience in management or finance);
- You have knowledge/experience of several years in budget management (planning, monitoring), financial management and accounting;
- You have solid analytical & financial skills;
- You have excellent verbal communication skills in English and French ; knowledge of Luxembourgish or German would be considered as asset;
- You are enthusiastic about supporting and teamwork.
- A full-time position (40 hours/week) for a period of 10 month;
- A position in a dynamic and challenging environment with a salary in line with your experience and competences.
LISER is a publicly funded research institute located in Luxembourg and dedicated to applied empirical research in economic, social and spatial sciences. Interdisciplinarity is a key element for stimulating scientific innovation. The Institute attracts top researchers from all over the world and high-level student training is a vibrant part of the Institute’s activities. The Institute‘s staff consists of about 180 employees (including a survey and data center), more than 50% of the staff being researchers, mainly from the fields of economics, sociology, and geography (see www.liser.lu).
Luxembourg with its > 600,000 inhabitants is one of the wealthiest countries in the world and provides a stimulating mixture of modern culture and tradition. Contemporary urbanity of its capital lies in close vicinity to a rich nature. In addition to excellent health, education (public, private and high level international schools) and recreational services, the community affords a rich variety of cultural activities typical of a major university environment, including museums, music, art and theatre. The official languages are French, German and Luxemburgish. Information for foreign researchers interested in Luxembourg research is accessible via the national EURAXESS platform.
Please submit your complete application via https://jobs.liser.lu/jobs :
- a letter of application outlining your motivation and profile (maximum 1 page);
- a CV;
- copies of relevant degree diploma(s), in particular your Master’s degree;
- one letter of recommendation (to be uploaded together with the application documents or sent separately to firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please note that this position will remain open until filled.
For any information about this position, please contact email@example.com
LISER is an Equal Opportunity Employer