Intern (m/f) in social science (Economics, Statistics, Psychology) and related disciplines (Public Health) - Ref: 21-22
Campus Belval , 11, Porte des Sciences, L - 4366 Esch-Sur-Alzette , Luxembourg
LISER (Luxembourg Institute of Socio-Economic Research)
an intern (m/f) in social science (Economics, Statistics, Psychology) and related disciplines (Public Health)
• Ref: 21-22
• Starting date: Early 2022
• Full-time internship (40h/week)
• Duration: 3 months
LISER is looking for highly motivated candidates to join the Living Conditions (LC) department for an innovative project, which is undertaking an in-depth assessment of the performance of primary care in Luxembourg in comparison to other European countries. The successful candidate will contribute to a study evaluating a distinct primary care policy in Luxembourg whereby primary care doctors coordinate care for patients with chronic illness.
- Undertake a scoping review of studies evaluating programmes in health care (programmes to address chronic illness and/or integrated care);
- Draft a report detailing the methods and results of the scoping review:
- Contribute to drafting an article based on the findings of the scoping review for submission to a peer-reviewed journal.
- Master in Social Science (Economics, Statistics, Public Health, Psychology) or related discipline;
- Experience of undertaking literature or scoping reviews;
- Knowledge of quantitative methods for impact evaluation (propensity score matching, difference in differences);
- Fluency (oral and written) in English; any other language is considered as an asset;
- Familiarity with Endnote or another reference management system;
- Flexibility and ability to work independently.
The Luxembourg Institute of Socio-Economic Research (LISER) is a publicly funded research institute located in Belval (Luxembourg) and devoted to applied empirical research in economic, social and spatial sciences. The institute attracts researchers from all over the world and high-level doctoral training is part of the institute’s activities. The institute‘s staff consists of about 180 employees (including a survey and data center), about 90 staff being researchers, active in the field of economics, sociology and geography.
How to apply
Please submit your complete application via our online platform https://jobs.liser.lu/jobs :
- Short cover letter outlining your motivation
- Copy of diplomas
- Certificate of valid university registration
Deadline for applications: October 31st 2021
For research-related questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org (no applications)
For administrative matters, please contact email@example.com
LISER is an Equal Opportunity Employer