HR Officer (m/f)
Campus Belval , 11, Porte des Sciences, L - 4366 Esch-Sur-Alzette , Luxembourg
LISER (Luxembourg Institute of Socio-Economic Research) is recruiting an
HR Officer (m/f)
- Ref 18-11
- Full time contract
- 1 year fixed-term contract (to cover maternity and parental leave)
- Start date as soon as possible
- Location: Esch/Belval
LISER invites qualified and motivated applicants, who are able to deliver a high quality services to all employees, to apply for this open position.
Your mission: The future HR Officer will be responsible for the day-to-day payroll administration and act as a first contact point for all matters related to the administration of human resources, you will be more precisely in charge of :
Payroll Administration :
- Process all aspects of in-house payroll (with APSAL), including calculation and controlling of salaries, monthly and annual reporting, tax cards, annual certificates of revenue;
- Manage the new joiners and leavers administration process (employees, students, interns..), internal and external mobility, maternity and parental, unpaid leaves;
- Act as first point of contact for third parties (CCSS, Tax Office, STM, Ministry of Immigration, ITM).
HR Administration :
- Draft contracts and addendums (prepare and manage complete files in accordance with the Luxembourgish Labour Law and internal HR processes);
- Recording new employees into the relevant HR database;
- Keeping records and personnel files up to date;
- Manage the internal system related to holidays, sickness leaves and working time.
Other activities :
- Participating in the recruitment process as drafting ads, publishing on different platforms, scheduling appointments, replying to candidates;
- Implementing HR procedures, updating documents and templates as appropriate;
- Participating in different ad-hoc HR projects;
- Supporting the HR Manager when needed.
- You hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management or Business Administration;
- You have at least 3 years of experience in a similar position;
- You have a great knowledge of the Luxembourgish labour law and social system;
- You are fluent in English and French, any other language is considered as an asset;
- You have an advanced knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint);
- You have a very good knowledge of the payroll system APSAL, accounting skills are considered as an asset;
- You are able to work under tight deadlines and are able to prioritise;
- You have strong analytical skills and you are detail oriented;
- You are highly adaptive, flexible and autonomous;
- You are result-driven person.
In addition, you are able to handle sensitive and confidential data with discretion and professionalism.
The position requires proven excellent organisational and communication skills, ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, attention to details and prioritisation.
LISER is a publicly funded research institute located in Luxembourg and devoted to applied empirical research in economic, social and spatial sciences. Interdisciplinary is a key element for stimulating scientific innovation. The institute attracts top researchers from all over the world and high-level student training is a vivid part of the institute’s activities. LISER is well connected to the University of Luxembourg, and to other universities in the cross-border neighborhood. It is an integral part of the fast growing research environment of the Cité des Sciences on the new Belval campus in the south of the country.
Based on its scientific expertise and high academic reputation, the institute addresses current and future societal challenges and provides relevant and independent policy advice both on the national and on the European level. The scientific output is not only regularly published in high profile peer reviewed journals and books, but also in form of popular articles reaching a wider audience. The 3 research departments are supported by a number of transversal coordinating units. The institute staff consists of about 130 employees, 70 of them researchers from the fields of economics, sociology, political sciences and geography (for more information, check on www.liser.lu).
Applicants should send complete applications via the online platform: https://jobs.liser.lu/jobs
1. Curriculum vitae;
2. Letter of application;
3. Copy of diplomas;
4. Details for 2 references.
The deadline for applications is March 31st, 2018.
LISER - Campus Belval – 11, porte des Sciences L-4366 Esch-sur-Alzette – Luxembourg
We offer you a position in a dynamic and challenging environment with a salary in line with your experience and competences
LISER is an Equal Opportunity Employer