IT Manager (m/f) - Ref : 2018-30
Campus Belval , 11, Porte des Sciences, L - 4366 Esch-Sur-Alzette , Luxembourg
The Luxembourg Institute of Socio-Economic Research, LISER, offers a vibrant and highly stimulating international research environment. It is a publicly funded research institute located in Luxembourg and devoted to applied empirical research in economic, social and spatial sciences. Interdisciplinarity is a key element for stimulating scientific innovation. The institute attracts top researchers from all over the world and high-level student training is a vivid part of the institute’s activities. LISER is well connected to the University of Luxembourg and also to the top universities both worldwide and in the cross-border neighbourhood. The institute employs 150 people including a survey and data center as well as 70 researchers from all over the world active in the fields of economics, sociology, political sciences and geography (see www.liser.lu).
The Luxembourg Institute of Socio-Economic Research is recruiting a
IT Manager (m/f)
Under the responsibility of the Head of Quality and Processes and in concertation with the CEO, the IT manager will develop the IT strategy and manage the Institute’s IT architecture (Hardware, Software and IT programming/development, Network/Cloud solutions, IT backups and security).
He/she manages IT budgets, acquisitions, contracts with external providers and consultants, in-house developments and training, and oversees a seven person team composed by an IT infrastructure manager, IT developers and the IT support/helpdesk.
For this critical coordination role, only experienced candidates with an impeccable business reputation will be considered. LISER’s IT infrastructure being a key component for the institute’s future development, the retained candidate needs to have a relevant experience in IT management and demonstrate initiative and entrepreneurial spirit, a high level of commitment, strong result orientation and absolute personal integrity.
- Manage information technology and computer systems
- Identify and act on opportunities to improve and update software and systems
- Oversee and determine timeframes for major IT projects including system updates, upgrades, migrations and outages
- Manage IT staff by recruiting, training and coaching employees, communicating job expectations and appraising their performance
- Develop and implement IT policy and best practice guides for the organization
- Act in alignment with user needs and system functionality to contribute to organizational policy
- Identify problematic areas and implement strategic solutions in time
- Audit systems and assess their outcomes
- Preserve assets, information security and control structures
- Manage and report on allocation of IT budget
- Handle annual budget and ensure cost effectiveness
- Run and share regular operation system reports with senior staff
Education/Training: A Bachelor or Master in IT/Computer Science and professional experience in a management position.
Languages: Excellent command of English, French (written and spoken) is required, additional fluency in Luxembourgish and/or German would be a distinct competitive advantage.
- Relevant professional experience of minimum 10 years in IT infrastructure development, ideally acquired in a larger organization or company
- Excellent knowledge of technical management, information analysis, computer hardware/software systems and IT security
- Expertise in data centre management and data governance
- Hands-on experience with software development management and IT system administration
- Ability to manage personnel and training programs for IT staff and IT users
- Outstanding motivation skills with high level of responsibility, result-oriented, mature and capable of working in teams, excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
The academic and public research environment: Belval Campus - Cité des Sciences, Luxembourg
LISER is located on the new Belval campus in the south of Luxembourg, which hosts the University of Luxembourg and a substantial part of the country’s publicly funded research facilities, i.e. LISER, the Luxembourg Income Study (LIS) cross-national data center, the Luxembourg Institutes of Health (LIH) and of Science and Technology (LIST). The University has outstanding high performance computing facilities available for use by associated researchers in the Luxembourg Institutes.
You will be directly reporting to the Quality and Process Manager and the CEO. The remuneration is commensurate with the seniority and importance of the position.
Applicants should provide the following:
1. Motivation letter
2. Curriculum vitae
3. Copy of diploma
4. Two reference letters (to be uploaded or sent separately to firstname.lastname@example.org)
Send applications via the following link : https://jobs.liser.lu/jobs
Applications will be processed on-goingly. Early application is encouraged as the applications are processed upon reception.
The deadline for applications is January 31st, 2019.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to the Recruitment Committee scheduled on February 15th, 2019 at LISER, Belval.
LISER is an Equal Opportunity Employer